Friday, June 24, 2011

Pirates vs. Red Sox

Hey all,

With the Pirates heating up as of late they face a team who is playing just as hot as they are. The Boston Red Sox come into Pittsburgh for a 3 game series. This is a great series, for me at least. These are my two favorite teams and both are playing really good baseball. With the Pirates hanging around .500 they are putting themselves in the hunt for a post season birth. They are starting to swing the bats well and the pitching has increased as well. The only problem I see with tonights game is Paul Maholm is on the mound and the Pirates normally don't get the bats goin when he's pitching.

For the Sox, Lester is on the mound, and the red hot Red Sox will be looking to expand their lead in the AL East. I don't think they will be able to sweep the Pirates, but I do believe they are going to win the series 2-1. The game I think they will lose is tomorrows game with Wakefield pitching. The Pirates always seem to find a way to hit knuckleballer. As for game 3 on Sunday I was hoping to see Josh Becket but with him being out due to illness, his next start got pushed back till Tuesday. Both teams are unsure who they will have on the mound on Sunday. I will be posting again after each game so be looking for each of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment