Sunday, August 7, 2011

Brad Keselowski Wins With Broken Ankle


Hey All,

I just witness one of the most amazing things I have ever seen inside a race car. Brad Keselowski wins at Pocono on a broken ankle, a tore up foot, and a bad back. He did all of this practicing, he was running some practice laps and wrecked his car, completely totaling it. When that happened it pushed the pedals back into his feet, breaking his left ankle, and really bruising his right foot. This is unbelievable to me that he was able to A. get in the car, and B. win the race. I wouldn't even think about climbing into a race car with a broken anything, let alone a broken ankle. He is tough as nails in my eyes, and an outstanding athlete for going through all the pain im sure he went through today. Brad has only 3 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wins under his belt, counting this one. This win also put him in the running for the wild card spot in the case. Brad has 1 win this season and he is running in 18th in the standings. The way the points are this year is; the top 10 make the case for the sprint cup, to decide 11th and 12th is considered "wild card spots" the drivers in the top 20 who have the most wins get into the case in the last two spots. I hate this new rule change. I just don't think it's fair that drivers could have won a race or two at the beginning of the season, be in 20th in the points, and make the case over a driver who worked all season to be in the top 12. It's not fair to the drivers who come in week in and week out and work hard, make changes to their cars, have their teams build them the best cars for the track that they will be racing at, and just flat out going to the tack and racing their ass off to get a good finish. The only people who like this are the people who have not been able to make the top 12 and make the case. I also think this is NASCAR's way to try and keep Jimmy Johnson from winning his 6th consecutive championship. I also think that they were trying to make it so that if Dale Earnhardt Jr. didn't finish in the top 12 and happened to get a win this season, that he would be able to make the case, and contend for a championship. Now I am a huge Dale Jr. fan and would love to see him make the chase, but I would also like it better if he made the chase on his own, and not him it given to him because he won if he won a race this season. I like good ol' fashion racing, bumper to bumper, high speeds, and drivers joking for position. I also think that NASCAR, on super speed ways, should loss the restricter plates and let them fly out there. It would make for more exciting racing, and probably bring more fans to the sport. I was glad to see a exciting race today and think it's amazing what Brad Keselowski was able to do today. I want to give him a big congratulations,a big thumbs up for "maning up", getting in his car, and winning the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment