Thursday, March 8, 2012

12 Teams Looking At Peyton


Hey All,

 Just a quick update on the most talented free agent out there. There are now 12 teams that are actively looking at Peyton Manning. Some of those 12 teams have already been in contact with Peyton; Arizona, Seattle, Washington, Miami, Kansas City, Denver, and the New York Jets.

Now it is tough to say where Peyton will end up, but out of these teams, I can rule out at least 3 of them. For starters the New York Jets. They already have a franchise QB in Sanchez, and I don't think Peyton and old Rex Ryan will get along to well. The Only reason they are in contact with Manning is probably to put a fire under their current QB to get him to play better. Other than that, I really don't see a reason for Manning to end up in New York. Everyone is just raving about the idea so that they can say "The Manning brothers own New York".

The second team I would rule out is Denver. Now I know Peyton is the only one out there who could put an end to Tim Tebow's rain at QB, and maybe get people to stop talking about him as much. There's just not a good fit between the two. Tebow would have his feelings hurt not being the QB everyone has to talk about, and Manning wouldn't be able to run his offense. So there for Denver is out.

The third team I see being out of the equation is that of the Seattle Seahawks. This is kind of a stretch seeing how Seattle doesn't have a proven QB. Don't get me wrong Tarvaris Jackson is good, he's just not what I would consider a franchise QB. The problem with Seattle for Peyton is that there is no one for him to throw the ball to, and he can't turn around and hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch every down. In other words Seattle is out.

With these three gone that leaves; Miami, Arizona, Kansas City, and Washington that Manning is probably interested in. In my last post I ruled out two of these four teams, Arizona and Washington. This now leaves us with two teams that have the upper hand in singing Peyton, Kansas City and Miami. Now we already know who I think he will go to, and that's the Miami Dolphins. They have proven receivers, a good running game, and are a team on the rise. Something Peyton can work with, and push the team to where they want to be. Now that's not to say that I completely rule out Kansas City.

Kansas City has a lot of weapons on the Offensive side of the ball. At QB they have Kyle Orton a guy easily replaceable, I mean lets be honest Tebow basically took his job in Denver. At the receiver position they have Dwayne Bowe and Steve Breaston two receivers who can do some damage. Bowe ended last season with 81 rec. 1,159 Yards rec. and 5 TD's. Not to mention that he can get it done down the field, something that will please Peyton very well. Plus they have a pretty solid running game so it'll give him a break every now and again. So I see the Chief making a run for Peyton but I don't see them landing him.

I will be sure to keep you up to date with everything that happens with this on going story. Peyton has told the press that he plans on making a decision within the week.

Until next time
You keep doing what you do, and I'll keep you up to date withe everything sports

No comments:

Post a Comment