Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ryan Braun Wins Appeal


Hey All,

 With baseball season quickly approaching there has been a few major stories. One of the big ones, as of late, is that Milwaukee Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun won his appeal of his 50-game suspension. Now it might not sound like much, but this is the first time that a player got a suspension lifted, as of Thursday. Braun is scheduled to report to spring training on Friday. According to ESPN Braun released a statement say:

"I am very pleased and relieved by today's decision. It is the first step in restoring my good name and reputation. We were able to get through this because I am innocent and the truth is on our side. We provided complete cooperation throughout, despite the highly unusual circumstances. I have been an open book, willing to share details from every aspect of my life as part of this investigation, because I have nothing to hide. I have passed over 25 drug tests in my career, including at least three in the past year."

Major League Baseball is livid over this ruling. Chief executive officer Travis Tygart went on record saying the fallowing; "a real gut-kick to clean athletes."To have this sort of technicality of all technicalities let a player off ... it's just a sad day for all the clean players and those that abide by the rules within professional baseball." What makes this decision even more surprising is that the Players Association didn't supply a reason to Thursday's decision.  "Today the arbitration panel announced its decision, by a 2-1 vote, to sustain Ryan Braun's grievance challenging his 50-game suspension by the commissioner's office," a statement from the players' association said.

I for one can't believe that the MLB let Braun get off. They say that there may have been a problem with the arrival of his sample, but that shouldn't matter. Just because it took a couple extra days to get to where it needed to go, doesn't affect what is in it. If the test found testosterone in it, that means that Braun was taking testosterone and should have been hit with a fine as well as the suspension. This couldn't have come and a better time for the Brewers. With the lose of Fielder to the Detroit Tigers, they are going to need Braun's offense, and are really going to need him at training camp to get back into baseball shape. I am with the MLB on this one, livid, there is no reason for him to get off. Now I know that Braun is said to be a good guy, and a clean player, but hey you broke the rules and should have to pay for it. If Braun produces better numbers this year I think he should be tested again, during the season as well as after, just to be safe. Now I know there's nothing I can do about this, but if the right people see this then maybe justice will be served.

Until next time,
You keep doing what you do, and I'll keep you up to date with everything sports

No comments:

Post a Comment