Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Manti Te'o

Hey All,

Now I've been putting off writing about this for a long time now, and that's all this hype about Manti Te'o. His combine wasn't the best for all the LB that were on hand, but it wasn't the worst. He ran a 4.82 40 yard dash, which is real slow for LB now a days.

To say that Manti Te'os draft stock is plummeting is ridiculous. The kid can ball, and if I'm a coach that is all I care about. Look at the tape. Does he really look like a 4.8 40 guy? The answer to that question is no. The kid has football speed, good play recognition, and has the ability to blow up plays in the back field.

Let us all not forget that Te'o finished second in the hisman running, and now because he may or may not have made up a fake girlfriend, he's no longer a first round pick. Now I'm not saying that he is the first overall pick, but to say that he will fall to the second round because of his "off the field issues" and his 40 time blows my mind.

The only other thing I'm going to say on this topic is this; look at the tape on Te'o to see what he can do on the field. He had 212 solo tackles, 225 assisted tackles, that's 437 tackles, 35 for loss and 8 sacks. That's just his ability to blow up plays. Taking it to the pass defense he averaged 8 interceptions in his four year tender at Notre Dame. Looking at those stats, I dare you to tell me he's a second round pick.

Until next time,
You keep doing what you do, and I'll keep you up to date with everything sports

No comments:

Post a Comment