Saturday, November 19, 2011

NASCAR Final Race

Hey All,

It all comes down to this, the last race the the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Two drivers, who aren't named Jimmy Johnson, are in the running to be the man who d-crowns Johnson for the Championship. Carol Edwards and Tony Stewart are within 3 points of one another sitting in positions 1 and 2. As they come down to the final race at Homestead Miami. Both drivers are hungry for a win and especially since it's for the Championship. Stewart, when asked if he would wreck a driver to win, he responded with "I would wreck my mother to win, hell I'd wreck your mother to win." Both men got a laugh out of this comment, but I think that's the attitude that you need to have when going into such a huge race. If you go in saying that you wont be an aggressive driver then you're just going to get run right off the road. Everyone knows that both "smoke" and Edwards are aggressive drivers, but I think we are going to see a different style of racing between the two on Sunday, November 20th. Smoke and Edwards are two very big name drivers, who are doing everything they can to get a win and take home the trophy as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion. I can't wait to see which driver will give it everything they've got, drive hard, and be the first man in 5 years to win the the Championship who's name isn't Jimmy Johnson.

In other news around NASCAR, Dale Earhart Sr's memorable #3 car will be returning to NASCAR. Richard Childress will be bringing back the black #3 to the Sprint Cup. This will be the first time since 2000 that the his car will be on the track. It's been run in the Truck Series, and next season will be in the Nationwide Series, and within a few years it will be returned to the Sprint Cup. When Jr. was asked if he cared if the car was ran again, he responded with "I wouldn't care if the car was ran again. I don't think that a number should be subject to one person. It wouldn't bother me one bit." Which is the proper response, I would love to see Jr. leave Hendrix Motor Sports and go to Childress Racing and run the #3. If he would make the move to would be the driver to watch for next season for the cup in  my mind. He would be getting the best cars for every track and the best set up, plus the best crew to produce wins. I can't wait to see how this all pans out in the next couple of years and can't wait to see the #3 back in action.

So keep doing what your doing readers, and I'll keep you up to date with everything Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment