Monday, December 12, 2011

Tebow Time?


Hey All,

Everyone is buzzing about the man of the year in Denver, Tim Tebow. He is trying to bring back life to an organization that has such a rich history. This is a man you want running the show for you when the games on the line. He has great stats in the fourth quarter. He has a Quarter Back Rating of 73.4% with in the last 2 minutes of the game, and in the fourth quarter 113.6% QBR. Now along with that he is  7-1 while a starter this season, bringing back the Broncos from a terrible start with Kyle Orton running the show. Now overall Tebow may not have the best looking stats on the planet, but that's not what makes him great. You can't just look at his numbers and say that he a terrible QB, he's only a running back with an arm, and he shouldn't be starting. Watch some of his game films, especially in the fourth quarter and tell me that you wouldn't want him to be the man in charge when the games on the line. I know if I was a coach or owner of a team, I would have been doing everything in my power to get him on my team, teach him the skills needed to be a starter, and shape my offense around him to make it successful. Now I know he throws the ball 15 times a game, and most would say that's not enough of a QB at the professional level. I would have to agree with that statement, but I know he runs the ball 25 times a game. That puts pressure on the running backs on the team, making them work harder to become better, so that a QB isn't out rushing them in a game. Willis McGahee is the one running back saying that his work ethic has improved since the Tebow Era started in Denver. He does not want to be out rushed by a QB. All in all Tim Tebow is a great QB in the NFL, and the best thing to happen for the Denver Broncos. He is producing wins, he brought their season back into great shape, and he may just bring them to the playoffs. If his Defense keeps him in the game and keep it close in the fourth quarter Tebow has the skills needed to get the job done and put a W in the Win column. Most people don't like him, but I on the other hand do and can't wait to see what he does for the rest of the season.

Until next time readers,
You keep doing what you do, and I'll keep you up to date with everything sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment