Saturday, February 8, 2014

US Grabs First Gold of the Olympics

Hey All,

As I'm sure all of you have been trying to follow the Olympic Games with the 9 hour time difference. If you aren't able to do so, never fear, that's what I'm here for. I've been doing my best as well to stay up to date with everything that's going on with the games. I've done as much as to have them on my TV and steaming live to my tablet. Yes, I know I'm an over-achiever. But enough about me, let's get to the Games.

On a crisp day U.S. Snowboarder Sage Kotsenburg was the first to grab a Gold Medal in these 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi. Kotsenburg was able to win in the Slopestyle event in it's first year as an Olympic event. This makes it a bigger win, not only because it's the Gold, but because it's a Gold in a band new event. When he was asked about the Gold he had this to say, “I have no idea what's actually going on. This is the craziest thing that ever happened,” Kotsenburg said.

This just shows how amazing it is, to all the athletes, to win in any of these events. It will possibly mean more now, because the Medal count is so close. In the lead with 4 total Medals, 2 Gold a Silver and a Bronze, is Norway. They did so today by sweeping the 5000 meter Speed Skating today. Canada and Netherlands are tied with 3 total Medals, one of each, and the U.S. are in fourth with 2 Medals, one Gold and one Bronze.

This Olympics is the closest, in the Medals, that I've ever seen before. This could be anyone's Games to take in the form of the Medals. With the United States 230 Athletes, that they have in the Games, are all hungry for a Medal this year, and are poised to take one.

I will be doing my best to keep everyone up to date with where competitors are finishing, how USA is doing obviously, and keeping you up to date with the Medal count as well.

Until next time,
You keep doing what you do, and I'll keep you up to date with everything sports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment